Do you know exactly what FEP foil is? No? Then we advise you to read our article “What is
FEP foil?” (Link to that article). In that article, we clearly and simply explained what FEP foil
An interesting aspect in that article is the aforementioned fact that FEP foil can be
particularly thin. The thinnest variant is only 13 microns thick. Is that one of the benefits of
FEP foil? Hell yes. FEP foil has several advantages. We have listed the most important
– FEP has good chemical resistance; this makes it extremely suitable in many situations
– FEP can be used under many temperatures; ranging from 205 degrees to minus 200
– FEP has a mechanically strong coating; this coating is also durable
– FEP has a heat transfer coefficient of 0.20 W / m.K
– FEP has good anti-adherent properties; also referred to as the NON stick
FEP versus PTFE
Basically, FEP is often compared to PTFE. That’s not for nothing; both are variants of Fluoroplastics. However, FEP has unique advantages over PTFE. We have summarized these benefits in our article “The differences between FEP and PTFE”. (link to the following article) But, for completeness, we have also summarized below the benefits of FEP over PTFE.
For these reasons you see FEP being used a lot in the chemical industry, in 3D printers, in oil and gas application and as chemical seal or gaskets .Did you know that you can order FEP film link naar www.fep-film.com on the internet?